Friday, February 27, 2009

Mmm...pancakes <3



The images are rather blurry - I took these with my handphone ^^

Yesterday, my friend and I went to MidValley to try out the restaurant 'Paddington House of Pancakes' (PHOP for short). Currently, the restaurant has a promotion named 'Round the World' - RM 13.80++ for a few selected dishes, inclusive of a drink and ice-cream of the day. The offer is only valid on weekdays, 12pm to 2pm.

Well, we finished class at 12.30, met up at 1.10 and waited for the taxi until 1.40 =.=" This is how hard it is to get a taxi in KL, especially on Fridays T_T We were squirming at the taxi stand, silently cursing all the taxis that either drove by us with passengers in them, or whizzed by us without passengers.

Anyway, we were lucky to meet an Indian girl, who had to go to MV to pick up something, I'm not sure for school or for work...she seemed pretty young ^^ Anyway, she told us that she could claim the taxi fare, so our trip there was free < 3

When we reached MV, it was 1.50pm. Fortunately. Both of us ordered the Tokyo Set, which was part of the promotion ^^ I'm quite satisfied with the dish - it has chicken ham, chicken breast, fresh vege wrapped in two pannkoeuks (It's spelled that way in the menu, for some reason =D), and a generous serving of mash potato < 3

Well, the chicken ham and breast was smothered in some kind of sauce, the one you can find in pasta. I must admit, I'm not quite familiar with the taste because I rarely go for Italian food, but it tastes really nice all the same. The chicken breast is soft enough, the mash potato smells and tastes great, while the pancakes are something I haven't tasted before, but it's somehow quite similar to Indian chapati xD

I cut the pannkoeuks, cut the chicken ham and breast, dipped everything in the sauce and nommed away =D

However, frankly, the highlight of the meal was the dessert - mini dollar pancakes served in sundae (look at the photo) with strawberry syrup and nuts on top. It was heaven - imagine sinking your teeth into soft, fluffy pancakes, while experiencing the coolness of vanilla ice-cream and the sweetness of strawberry syrup at the same time. Yup, both of us certainly had a blissful time eating the ice-cream, although my friend was less enthusiastic about the main dish, as she said that the portion of the chicken was too large.

I have no complaints though - if you have the time, go and have lunch at PHOP~ I would advise that you go for the promotion though, because the rest are costly - around RM 20 and above ^^ Whereas with promotion, I only spent RM 15.90 including tax.

No comments: