Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hunting the Elusive

When I was googling the images for the art book 'The Jewel Box', I came across this fantastic blog - Hunting the Elusive. Not only this blog has fantastic content in it, the language used also aesthetically suits the content.

Hunting the Elusive has a massive collection of scans from beautiful art books. Some of those books are rare and few in number, hence the title of the blog. What that amazes me is that the quality of the scans are top-notch - icie spent considerable effort in guaranteeing us that. Next, all the scans are free to download, and for our convenience, the scans are usually packed into rar form. Besides, there are no annoying advertisements, nor pleas to ask you to donate.

The owner of the blog goes by the nickname icie - I can't really tell whether it's a male or female name. Reading a few posts by icie, I was amazed by the language (Yeah, I'm in TESL, hence I look at the language first). Compared to icie, my level of English proficiency can be rated mediocre at best, and I feel guilty calling myself a TESL undergraduate o_O

Still, reading the blog gives me the motivation to do better, and by analysing the diction, style and flair of the blog, hopefully I can improve on my own writing as well. The extra art book images acquired during this process does not hurt either =D

Out of 100 marks, I might give this blog 110. Really. It's just that good. (From the perspective of an anime/manga lover + TESL student)

P.S: If you visit that site, make sure you check out the 'What is Pireze' part, and also search for Onineko if you are interested in graphics *.*