Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A *Heroic* Expedition

Gah, the internet in my hostel was down for the whole weekend, hence the sudden silence in my blog xD Anyway, last Saturday, I with another four friends went to the Jalan Imbi area, namely the Low Yat Plaza, Berjaya Times Square and Sungei Wang Plaza. The group was composed of three girls and two guys.

We started our expedition at 12.30pm sharp, took the LRT to KL Central and Monorail to Jalan Imbi. First, we went into Low Yat Plaza, where we scoured around for cheaper prices of Canon printers. One of the guys who bought a tablet at Low Yat before told me that the shop was at the 5th floor, so I didn't really pay attention towards tablets until I saw one box of it at Star Tec. Then, we inquired the price and found that it was much cheaper than what my friend got it for =D So, I bought the tablet there and then.

Next was the printer, and my friend was also looking for a headphone. We decided on a Canon Pixma ip1880 model at another shop, and she also bought one. The printer itself was kinda cheap, but the cartridge not bundled together was more than half of the printer's price =.=" Still, we had to buy another cartridge because the original cartridge provided was only half tank full and not refillable D=

You might be wondering why we bought the printer first instead of going to the other places. Well, there were two of us who wanted to buy printers, and there were two guys following us who will help us carry our printers xD The first guy had to go back before 4pm so that he can meet his girlfriend in MidValley. However, after we bought the printers, he said that he would go straight to MV by monorail, so we had to carry one of the printers. Another guy originally wanted to go back with him at the same time, but then he said that he had something to buy in Times Square.

So, this is how we formed the new culture - Printer Lolita, involving youngsters lugging printers around and shopping for clothes, shoes etc xD It was quite good though - the four that remained of us had lunch in Sushi King *yummy* and the guy, gentleman that he was *cough* did not complain about us going on detours and getting sidetracked by everything we see ^.^ I also bought some stuff out of my budget, resulting in me getting broke o_O

Photos of my power-up items:



Canon Pixma iP1880 - RM 115
No. 40 Black Ori Cartridge - RM 63
Kaze no Stigma Artbook - RM 29.90
Wacom Bamboofun Tablet - RM 334
Not in the photo (just for fun):
Sunsilk Hair Conditioner - RM 7.80
Transport - RM 7.40
McD Apple Pies - RM 3.15
Gardenia Wholemeal Bread - RM 3.00

Count the total yourselves xD

We arrived back in college at 9.30, which makes 9 hours of straight shopping O_O Our legs were so tired, they were about to fall off *.*

Another randomness:

These are the bookmarks I've made for my friends and myself. Just thought that they looked good in a row ^.^

Fancy joining me on my expedition next time, folks?

No comments: