Thursday, February 19, 2009

Food - Cheap and Delicious etc...

There are two cafeterias near my hostel. One is located at the base of Block 4, run by a man whom we addressed as 'Pak Lang', and sells fried rice, noodle, vermicelli, etc, and if you are lucky, you might get to eat economic rice, leftovers from lunch =.="

Then there is Skudz, somewhere near the hostel entrance, where there is no economic rice, instead they sell wonderful nasi lemak and equally appetising fried stuff. Oh, they also sell burgers too, just that I haven't tried them yet.

To be fair, the price of the food in 'Pak Lang's cafe' is slightly cheaper than the one in Skudz by some thirty to fifty cents, but the food portion is abysmally small, the kitchen is severely overstaffed and hygienic conditions are worrisome. If you look really carefully, you might see yesterday's leftovers on the utensils you are using. Talk about losing your appetite o_O Moreover, the cashier is inconsistent, i.e. he/she or whoever that is sitting at the counter will charge any amount they like for the economic food we students take.

In comparison, the kitchen at Skudz is open-air, people can see what is happening inside, the workers are friendly and efficient, and the food is worth every cent we paid ^.^ My personal favourites are nasi lemak and pattaya fried rice < 3 Mmmm...


This was my dinner last night - nasi lemak. RM 2, which I consider cheap looking at the amount of rice and the extra black thingy she gave me for being a faithful customer ^^


My friend ordered Pattaya fried rice, which looks nice too, but costs more. RM 3.80. The shape looks great =D



After dinner yesterday, we went to KLIA and sent off our seniors who were going to the University of Auckland, New Zealand to continue their TESL course there. I'm in the photo - just guess which one I am ^.^ I won't admit until you guess correctly in your first attempt though~

*sigh* the scene at the airport was really emotional, with parents having to say goodbye to their kids for 2 years o_O I wonder how would I be like next year, when I have to leave for CCCU in UK for 3 years?

1 comment:

EvA said...

Ah finally you posted a pic of yourself. xD

I have no idea which one is you though. *takes a random guess*
Is that you holding the code geass book thingy?

*hides*