Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just a Random Update


ULTIMATE LAG!!!

This post is more for the sake of my friends at Animepaper, although I doubt if anyone from there reads my blog except for Misao-chan and Bo-chan, lol.

Anyway, upon logging in to AP, the first thing I noticed was that my last wallpaper was 6 months and 2 weeks ago ^_^" Actually, I still have a whole folder of WIPs (wallpapers in progress) which I work on...occasionally.

Then, I went to the main page and saw that my AP friends uploaded a load of awesome wallpapers, and also some of which scans are the same as those in my WIP folder. To be exact, my most recent 'Thumbelina' wallpaper was the only one I've made since I was promoted to the senior member status on AP...I should be demoted to community waller =.=" Of course, I tried to set deadlines and wanted to make wallpapers for Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day and the Chinese Valentine Day, which failed miserably xDD

To tell the truth, my life is not that busy to the extent that I don't have time to make wallpapers. Rather, I fill my free time doing other stuff now than sitting in front of my laptop with my tablet xD My newly found favorite activity is badminton, and when I'm in college, I usually go to the court on weekdays from 5pm, and 'lepak' there until around 8pm. After that, with a shower and dinner, it would already be around 9.30 pm. Sometimes, MUSICA has drum, guitar or piano classes at night from 9-10pm, and there goes another hour of my time. As for weekends, I'm usually busy trying to complete assignments at the last minute, so there you go. If not, I usually sleep and wake up late, either lurking around the Net or playing games on my laptop~


Anyway, this is one of my most recent WIPs which I managed to gather the energy to 'try to complete' this holidays. Everything is painted except for the girl who is vectored, and I will edit some parts of the ocean to make it look, well, more like an ocean. I will try to submit this in time for a friend's birthday on AP ^^

Any comments, anyone? And any ideas on how to motivate myself in completing more wallpapers from that junk of a folder I named WIP?

=p

2 comments:

EvA said...

Lol same thing is happening to me too. I've filled up my time with other stuff now. I don't find myself in front of photoshop as often as i used to. But i guess i still somehow have a little part of motivation in me which led to the completion of my previous wallpaper. But now i don't think i can even think about wallpapers. Assignments, presentations, homework and etc are taking up too much of my life. D:

So far i think the wallpaper looks pretty good. But yeah the ocean still needs some more edits on it. And the placement of the sig might seem a bit distracting. So maybe it would be better if you placed it at the usual conventional space which would be hidden under the taskbar. :)

yukina-rei said...

Haha~ I expected to have more free time when I enter college xDD probably I need to really focus when I'm working on a wallpaper instead of clicking on games and eventually end up playing them ;p

Oh yea, thanks for the feedback xD I was actually trying to do the 'writing on sand' effect for the signature, but it didn't work :3 so I would just stash it back where it usually is ^_^