Friday, May 15, 2009

Reaching for the Stars

Ah...finally Reaching for the Stars is over...with much headaches and blood-spurting incidents that spurn a very long story, which may or may not bore you ^_^ Anyway, this event wouldn't have been possible without the help of all the committee members a.k.a CREW :D A big thanks to all of you, *if any one of you are reading this* especially *ahem* the SU, Abang Rahman Idris (I think it's polite to add abang), who did the proposal paper, recruited most of the working committee and handled most of the event, also when I was away last week >_< *cackles evilly* that's why I said, although I'm a useless president, I'm still surrounded with many helpful and capable people :D

Anyway, I was one of the guest performers for this event...and my performance went horribly D: Thanks to lack of time and minimal practice, our synchronisation was not good enough...the song was 'Only One' by Yellowcard, and the starting was really messed up. Thankfully everything somehow got better during the chorus ^_^" The bassist, Alif almost lost his voice from screaming the chorus too xD But both of us swear to perform the song again in the future, with zero errors and me on the keyboard =p Hopefully the guitarist Paan and the drummer Rahman will want to join us next time :D

The results of this competition were quite surprising...considering the fact that a particular band got intensive and exclusive training and practice with the music lecturer who was also the advisor for this event, they still lost ^_^ The band I wanted to join, 3 Missed Calls managed to acquire the award for the best performance in the band category, though they came in second behind the band Mr. Paul...though I can't understand how Mr. Paul is better O_O

As for the solo singing category, I don't know too much...as they all seem to be almost of the same standard to me. Maybe the biggest factor that affected the results was their choice of song :p The champion and the best performer was the same person - Rafizin ^_^

Well, I will post the photos of this event next time ^_^ On Facebook and Friendster too...later~ Now it's time to study for my exams next week...*sigh*

Though I'm a free thinker, I will still say, "God bless the CREW" xD Especially when we have sacrificed so much of our time and energy in Reaching for the Stars, and all of us have our exams next week :D

No comments: