Friday, March 27, 2009

A Good Sleep Makes a Good Day

Look at the title. It is 100%, at least in my context. Being a bear who needs at least 8 hours of sleep every day, I find my time on the bed very important. And, especially after I came to IPBA, my bed was seriously lacking in warmth - A flattened pillow, a thin blanket and a Shakugan no Shana small square pillow were the only things constituting the sparse decorations my bed has. After a while, I imported Mipple (Yes, the name's MIPPLE) from home, and it adds a little cheerfulness. But just a little.

Finally, yesterday, I took the big step - another pillow and a bolster. For those who don't know what bolsters are for, let me list some of the functions:
- slam people
- decorate your bed
- disguise as a sleeping person
- keep your bed warmer

But most importantly, a bolster is for you to hug. Scientists have proved that since infancy, the action of hugging and other physical contact between the mother and the baby is extremely essential. Not to mention that some people are still unwilling to part with the bolsters from their childhood *ahem* =D

And this is precisely why I could sleep better with a bolster, which cost me RM 13.90, while the new fluffy pillow was RM 10. All together, RM 23.90 is worth it for a year and a few months' worth of good sleep. The next day, although I ended up with a sore throat and a fever (probably because of the kfc), my mood remained quite hyper for the whole day.

With this, I rest my case. For those insomniac people, my advice is to get a big, soft, fluffy bolster, and you will find yourself craving for sleep every day =D

*More things in my never-ending to-do list*
- After mysterious circumstances, I find myself the assistant to Yusri, the organiser of the IPBA English Week Concert. It means more work, especially when I already have to run the Evening of Music.
- In that concert, I'm second-in-charge of the whole running, meaning if Yusri got kidnapped by aliens or fall down the stairs while strolling *touchwood*, I'm supposed to handle everything. Besides, I'm also in charge of the last item on the itinerary, which is sing-along sessions with a big group leading the singing on stage.
- I also agreed to be part of the committee for Voice of IPBA, our college's editorial board. Maybe I will just take the job of designing the layout and cover, since I don't think people around me are familiar with computer graphics...especially when the main population in the college studies Teaching English as a Second Language ^_^"

College life is really...fun. Er. Yes, I'm lying.

No comments: