Sunday, July 5, 2009

Long time no see, my blog

Well, to talk about my blog being one of my memorial storage (yes, I have a tendency to forget things that have happened, even if they were just a few weeks ago)...

So, to sum up what I did from 5th June (my last post) until now:

From the 15th to 19th of June, I went for a personal SBE (School Based Experience) kinda thing in SJK (C) Chong Cheng, Penang. Actually, the school was lacking in teachers, because a few of the KPLI students who were doing their practicum there had to attend a course for three weeks, so I went to replace one of them.

As for how I got the job, well, my mom is a teacher there. Does that explain everything? Of course, I don't work for free - within 5 days, I earned RM200, which is almost equivalent to half of my monthly allowance =D

In the school, I taught only one class in standard 2, taking the place of their homeroom teacher. That also means that I taught all subjects they have to learn except for Malay, English and Music. I'm surprised by the number of subjects these students have to learn though - the number seemed massive compared to my primary school years, which were just 6 years ago. No wonder all the students carried huge bags =( Other than the 3 subjects previously mentioned, I had to teach (and they had to learn) Mandarin, Science in Mandarin, Science in English, Maths in Mandarin, Maths in English, Arts and Physical Education. This school being a Chinese school had something to do with the number of subjects, since Maths and Science were doubled~


Anyway, it was a great experience teaching in primary school. Firstly, the kids are only 8 years old, and you don't need to think much to understand them. They are just as transparent as a piece of plastic~ Next, the kids are just absolutely cute < 3 And the subjects are easy to teach too~ The only downside of kids is their loud voices and tendency to tell you just about EVERYTHING they see, hear or feel. I couldn't get past 5 minutes without someone running out and telling me, "Teacher, he is not doing his homework!", "Teacher, she is drawing something on my book!", "Teacher, today is my sister's birthday!" and so on ^_^"

A photo of 1/5 of my class :D Check my facebook photos to see the rest of the class~


*~*~*

On the 21st of June, I came back to college in the morning with a bus, went to KLCC in the afternoon and attended a Student Council meeting at night. Yes, my life is busy =D At the meeting, all MPPs were informed that we had to handle the KPLI orientation for the whole week. It was kinda great news to me, because handling orientation = legally missing classes ^_^

The special characteristic of this KPLI group was that after they graduate in a year, they will be sent to the extremely rural areas of Sabah and Sarawak, and that means a lot. Anyway, the orientation week went by with few glitches, and I started going back to classes on Saturday. On Sunday, we received the Student Council representatives from IPGM KPM (Kampus Perempuan Melayu Melaka) or Malacca's Malay Girls Campus. They had a number of 36, a big number compared to our newly formed council of about 14 :D Managed to share my experience and ideas with their Cultural Exco though ^_^ and now I have a lot of plans...the only problem is to realise it~ For starters, ubi kayu + kelapa + gula + garam during the Merdeka celebration, anyone?

The last highlight of this post is my mock exam results...during the orientation week, all of my friends got to know their marks for all the subjects. For me, I just knew my Social Studies marks through Sam, as Madam Carol read out all the marks for the class to hear. I got 87, and it seemed like I was the top scorer in this subject~ Then, I was quite eager to know my English Studies (Literature) marks, mainly because this subject was a killer to all of us (hint: deathly unseen poem). However, nobody knew my marks, and they just told me that only one person in the whole cohort managed to score an A (more than 80 marks) for English Studies. That increased my anxiety all right ^_^"

The next week, I checked my marks with Miss Pat, who had the list of all our marks. Imagine my surprise and joy when I found out that I was the one who got an A for ES :p and this made me the only one in my cohort to achieve a 4 flat grade, as my marks are as follows:

English Studies: 82
Social Studies: 87
Language Development: 89
Language Description: 96

The last one was totally unexpected, as I finished the paper in about 30 minutes and was quite lazy to check my answers :3 Anyway, I consider myself lucky rather than intelligent to get these marks :D Hopefully being in the Student Council won't affect my marks too much~

Lastly, I'm now rallying to form a Music Society in IPBA, so that we can have legal reason to use the instruments in the music room - not just any music room, but TN SYED's MUSIC ROOM!!! :p Please support me, pals~

No comments: