Sunday, August 9, 2009

Disillusioned



Disillusioned



*courtesy of image from http://www.atpm.com/13.10/tim-allen/images/Steps%20of%20Despair.jpg
Please notify if you are the owner of this image and would like it to be removed*



When I was young, I thought that everything is perfect,
I keep on smiling, laughing, dreaming…
I trusted everyone, I looked at the world through rose-tinted glasses.
I grew up protected, simple, naïve…

Then I see, promises are broken, smiles are fake, truths are lies,
That polluted integrity, corrupted purity, tainted morality run untamed,
Filling the voids left by the destruction of humanity,
People stop caring, Faith is lost, we no longer believe in each other…

The rose glass shatters into pieces, I see them for who they really are,
The embodiment of sin, vice and evil hiding beneath human masks,
Launching war, killing innocents, spreading propaganda,
Undermining the power of nature and earth…

Dare we still expect kindness, compassion and understanding?
Can we keep on hoping that our children will know the meaning of love?

Still, as long as there is life,
There will be hope, a chance to restore faith and love,
Find the passion to keep on living,
Embark on a journey to search for the true values of humanity.

~*~*~

Heh...don't worry, I'm not turning emotional here ^_^ This is just a set of lyrics, or something like that, that I'm planning to compose a song to for my future band in Canterbury. So, any feedback, criticism or comment would be greatly appreciated. Go Cocuphy!




No comments: